VERNON – The Greater Vernon Chamber of Commerce has put out the call for nominations for the 2020/21 volunteer board of directors.
Individuals with established business, leadership and advocacy experience have until 4 p.m. June 12 to submit their nomination package.
“Directors are accountable to the membership and are responsible for governing and overseeing the strategic direction of the Chamber,” said Krystin Kempton, Greater Vernon Chamber president.
“The effectiveness of the Chamber depends on the leadership and enthusiasm of the board of directors, and it is a great opportunity to be active in the community and the leading voice of business in Vernon.”
Prospective candidates should demonstrate the following qualities:
- Awareness and understanding of the role of the Chamber and a desire to support it.
- Awareness of the business and economic climate in Greater Vernon, BC and Canada.
- Previous board experience serving in an advocacy, leadership or executive position.
- Sound entrepreneurial skills.
- Understanding of financial statements, management reports, and risk management.
- High ethical standards and integrity in professional and personal dealings.
- Ability to work as a team member.
- Past history of community involvement.
Nominees must be members of the Chamber members or representatives of Chamber members for a minimum of two years and must be endorsed by one other Chamber member.