PRINCE GEORGE – Following in the footsteps of the successful Local Government and First Nations Government internship programs, Northern Development Initiative Trust has established the Business Development Internship program.
This newly created program provides grant funding to Community Futures Development Corporations (CFDC) within Northern Development’s service area to assist with the cost of hosting a business intern for a 12-month period.
A total of three intern placements are available per year with CFDCs in Prince Rupert, Houston and Ashcroft hosting the initial interns for 2020.
The purpose of the program is to provide a high level of professional development and training that will prepare recent graduates for careers in community development, economic development and business development.
Successful CFDCs are eligible to receive up to $50,000 from Northern Development to assist with the cost of hosting an intern.
In order to qualify for a placement in the program, potential interns must meet the following requirements:
- Completed requirements to graduate, or have graduated within a 24-month period, prior to the start of the internship program from an accredited college or university with a degree, a diploma, or a post-graduate certificate which requires a previous degree or diploma. Open studies, non-credit, upgrading, or continuing education students do not qualify
- Willingness to relocate and available to complete the 12-month term
- Valid B.C. drivers licence
- Legally entitled to work in Canada. Foreign students must provide proof of a valid work permit and a passport with an expiry date beyond the internship term
- Satisfactory criminal record check (to be undertaken by Community Future upon selection of intern)
Applications are now available online at www.northerndevelopment.bc.ca/business-development-internship